Table of Contents
Bifidobacterium Bifidum – prevents the overgrowth of Candida
Bifidobacterium Bifidum is a species of the Bifidobacterium genus. It is considered to be probiotic bacteria. Probiotics are living bacteria that are naturally found in the body which helps in a number of ways. Among the many probiotic organisms found in the GI tract, Bifidobacterium Bifidum is one of them.
Bifidobacterium Bifidum helps in the manufacturing of B- complex vitamins and also Vitamin K in the intestinal system. The synthesis of these two vitamins helps the body its deficiencies and maintain a required balance.
There are crucial nutrients that the body requires. The main function of Vitamin K is the regulation of the process of blood clotting. It also improves the bone health and makes bones stronger.
Vitamin K reduces the risks of bone fracture and helps in decreasing the risk of excessive bleeding which can occur to a long-term use of antibiotics. B- Complex vitamins are also necessary for maintaining good health. They help in the production of energy, enhance development and growth, metabolizes carbohydrates and proteins and also helps in maintaining the nervous system. B- Complex vitamin also increases the creation of red blood cells.
Structure of Bifidobacterium Bifidum
Bifidobacterium Bifidum, a gram- positive bacterium is anaerobic, nonmotile and does not form spores. It is a rod- shaped bacterium that can be found independently, in pairs or even in clusters. Bifidobacterium Bifidum is primarily found in the lower small intestine, the colon, breast milk and also in the vagina.
How does Bifidobacterium Bifidum help the overgrowth of Candida?
To reduce the growth of Candida, a proper candida diet is required that includes probiotics such as Bifidobacterium Bifidum and antifungals. Probiotics promote the immune system of the body. By doing so, the natural defenses against Candida can be increased. This will help in reducing the Candida overgrowth in the system and also help the body prevent it from recurring in the future years.
Many good bacteria secrete acetic acid and lactic acid which help in maintaining the sufficient pH level in the GI tract. There are several reasons why the GI tract can become alkaline. Prolonged use of antibiotics can kill the essential bacteria which are required to maintain the acidic levels in the guy. When this acid- producing bacteria are insufficient in number, the gut can become excessively alkaline and cause a disturbance in the pH level.
In an alkaline or basic environment, Candida can transform to its pathogenic and fungal form which can eventually lead to its overgrowth. Thus, maintaining a normal and healthy balance f the acids in the gut can help reduce the overgrowth of Candida. Probiotics like Bifidobacterium Bifidum help in achieving that.
The population of good bacteria in the digestive system can reduce the growth of Candida. When a person takes antibiotics for a long time, a lot of useful bacteria like probiotics are lost and that causes an imbalance in the system.
When the good bacteria are killed, the intestinal system is open to the overgrowth or increase of the population of Candida. Thus, Candida can find the sufficient space and environment to grow. To prevent that from happening, the gut must be filled with probiotics like Bifidobacterium Bifidum that help in driving out the Candida and reduces its growth ultimately.
Several benefits of Bifidobacterium Bifidum
- Bifidobacterium Bifidum helps in the cure of diarrhea. It also helps in the treatment of diarrhea infection caused due to a long- term use of antibiotics. It helps in restoring the bacterial symbiosis inside the intestinal system and the GI tract.The probiotic supplement that it provides help to decrease the stool frequency during diarrhea and reduces abdominal cramps.
- One of the causes of cancer is the bacterial irregularity of the flora found in the intestine. This gives way to the creation of cancer cells by producing enzymes which convert the healthy cells into active carcinogens. Bifidobacterium Bifidum protects the host in the body by preventing the processes that transform normal cells into carcinogenic cells.
- Alcohol consumption in excess causes several liver diseases. It increases the gut permeability, changes the levels and growth of intestinal flora and probiotics, reduces the growth of Bifidobacterium Bifidum, and affects bowel and liver interactions.Supplement of Bifidobacterium Bifidum bacteria can help restore the flora growth in the intestinal system and makes significant changes in the liver that is affected by over consumption of bacteria.
- Bifidobacterium Bifidum is known to have a significant positive effect on the digestive system. It helps In enhancing the immune phagocytic activities of the body as well. Bifidobacterium Bifidum increases the growth of the useful bacteria in the human body that helps in digestion. It combats the pathogens that invade the intestine and reduces digestive irregularities.
- Bifidobacterium Bifidum replaces Candida which has several benefits. It also keeps the Candida growth under control.