Table of Contents
- 1 The easiest way to ruin a relationship – buy a Smartphone!
- 2 How does it work?
- 3 How to be on the safe side?
- 4 7 reasons to turn off your smartphone (as crazy as it sounds it!)
- 5 Signs that you have developed an obsession to your phone
- 6 Here are 4 tips on how to learn to use the smartphone less:
- 7 Share this:
The easiest way to ruin a relationship – buy a Smartphone!
The smartphone is something without which many of us cannot live. We use it everywhere – at home, in the restaurant, in the subway or while waiting for the bus. The devices are very handy and help us in many situations.
However, there is a huge risk to become addicted to them and they can ruin your love life.
How does it work?
Surely you happened to spend the evening with your loved one as watching a movie or constantly checking your smartphones without having to say a word. This is nice, but not good for your relationship, writes Daily Mail.
A scientist from the University of Brighton claimed that the frequent use of the smartphone can lead to addiction and forget what true romance is. The reason is that the quality of the physical contact is removed and so we expect less of ourselves and our partner. We become so absorbed in our phones that we forget that sending kisses on Facebook or mail cannot replace the real intimacy.
Using Facebook’s also increases the conflicts in the relationship between the partners. In that believe the researchers from the University of Missouri, which made a survey of Facebook users aged between 18 and 82 years.
The use of social networking makes us jealous and suspicious. We know that lack of trust does often lead to separation or divorce.
Smartphones have a bad influence on our relations with the family. From that suffer mostly the grandparents. When they try to make conversation with their grandchildren, they reply like “Yes, I hear you …” which is not the case. Kids love more often and talk with parents in Skype than to experience them live.
Because of smartphones we often turn our backs on our friends. When we are with them out we do not listen and do not pay attention because we are too busy to check our emails, for example.
How to be on the safe side?
- As a start, it is better to keep your smartphone away from the bedroom, the kitchen and the places where you eat. Use an alarm clock instead of a phone.
- When you’re out with friends, turn your phone on vibrate and talk to them at least 20 minutes without using your smartphone.
- When you send your partner a kiss as a message, be sure to give it to him live.
7 reasons to turn off your smartphone (as crazy as it sounds it!)
Do not stay trendy professional who does not depend on his mobile phone. It has everything – contacts, reminders, to-do lists, calendar of meetings, the relationship with social networks and all other “utilities” that define both work and rest of our days …
The phone helps us remember important events and dates, keep us in constant touch with colleagues, clients, and friends – always and everywhere. It allows us to send emails and greet acquaintances on Facebook.
Today we will tell you why you should divorce with your phone. Do not panic – we don’t offer you to throw it away completely, but definitely it is worth it to reduce your dependence on it. That’s why:
- To sleep better!
What is the connection between the smartphone and sleeping? There is such a connection, and it is quite direct. Will you deny that you have a habit of going to bed and start clicking on social networks, playing games or browsing your mailbox? What if it came something important that you have been waiting for a long time?
As a result, you do not allow your brain to relax and spend hours of healthy sleep, in which your mind is throwing forces to calm down. That’s why the smartphone has to pass in category belongings taboo at the end of the day. Leave your phone an hour before going to bed and you will see how much more cheerful and adequately wake up the next morning.
- To train your memory!
Nowadays smartphones can almost everything. Their memory frees us from the need to remember phone numbers, names, dates … This is convenient, but at the same time takes away from us an important mental stimulus, which in turn weakens our memory and cognitive abilities. Give up from recording everything on your phone and start exercising your brain.
- To communicate live!
Social networks have changed the concept of communication. We have to contact with a network of dozens, if not hundreds of people, who you really do not see eye to eye. With smartphones virtual communication has become even easier, it has left the office and it is … everywhere – on streets, in the cafes, on a business trip. On one side it is comfortable, but on the other robs you of the incredible possibilities of live communication, which normally carries quite different benefits both in business and in life.
- To increase your efficiency!
If you limit the use of your smartphone, you will begin to perform your current tasks much more focused and effective. You’ll just reduce the infinite number of distractions – real whips on productivity today. What a great exercise for independence and making informed decisions without constantly being distracted unnecessarily.
- You will increase your creativity!
Without the habitual help of the smartphone, you will find yourself in a forgotten way – will remember how creative you can be. You will not communicate with your phone, but with real people who will offer you new perspectives and help you find the answers in a way that Google will never can. You will learn not only to work with new sources of information but also to filter only what you need without losing yourself in an ocean of information.
- Turning off your phone reduces stress!
Eventually, you will sigh with relief when you feel the freedom from the powerful flow of necessary and unnecessary information, constant calls, text messages and other annoying factors emanating from the smartphone. Finally, you will have time to concentrate on things that are really important to you and find your own rhythm of work and life.
- To reconsider your habits
If at least temporarily give up from your smartphone, you might want to consider which of its applications and features you really need and which just take your time and energy. Maybe you will feel the benefit of reducing the phone bills.
Signs that you have developed an obsession to your phone
- It is the first thing in the morning and lasts at night. Dependence is measured in how long we can stand without the object of the obsession. If in the morning you are still in bed and quickly reviewing Facebook to see what you have missed – something is definitely not right.
- It is everywhere with you. Not just for work, as a phone and to keep track of time. It is with you in the queue at the store, when you smoke a cigarette on the terrace, in the 10 minutes break. Not to mention the bathroom.
- For your smartphone, you are spending really a lot. Except the phone bills, mobile internet – screen protectors, cases in all sorts of varieties, various gadgets like speakers, docking stations, Bluetooth headsets, chargers several whatnots – it’s like a pet or child’s doll.
- You have all sorts of crazy applications, using them and dying to try the latest one on the market. We are like a small child in a candy shop, so excited by the latest software, by the latest improvements and constantly digging for updates, hacks, and whatnot.
- Feel panic if you do not find it if the Internet stops if it falls and scratches. Attachment to the phone is visible in an extreme concern and a slight paranoia.
Here are 4 tips on how to learn to use the smartphone less:
* Set a limit on the use of mobile internet
* Try not to use the calculator – whenever possible. This is a great exercise for your brain.
* More often write into a real notepad.
* When we are enjoying nature without trying to find the perfect frame to seal it and then edit the latest photo editor with advanced filters and effects? Cherish the moment and nature.