Table of Contents
- 1 What Your Mucus Says About Your Health
- 2 How to prevent this? Certain foods became real allies in the fight with nasal mucus.
- 3 The healing characteristics of the pineapple
- 4 Natural remedy with grapefruit and watermelon
- 5 Juice of kiwi and orange
- 6 Vegetables that you should not miss
- 7 The best herbs
- 8 Foods to avoid when there is an intensive nasal discharge
- 9 Share this:
What Your Mucus Says About Your Health
Well known to all of our symptoms – abundant nasal secretion also called mucus or snot. We often wonder how exactly is its color and what causes it to be white, yellow, green or another color of the rainbow. Here is a brief decryption of color “coding” of different states:
- Transparent – You’re healthy. The clear mucus is mainly composed of water, proteins, antibodies, and salts. It is produced by nasal mucosa 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The majority of it runs through the throat into the stomach where it is digested.
- White – Have a fever. The swollen and inflamed lining of the nose slows down the drainage of mucus, which leads to its drying, thickening, and clouding. It may be a sign of nasal infection or cold, but not necessarily.
- Yellow – a cold or infection progressed. Immune cells probably are already at the site of infection. Most likely among them are white blood cells. Once discharged, they are swept away by the spontaneous flow of mucus, which impart a yellowish color, sometimes with a shade of ocher. Colds inevitable last about 10-14 days. Give yourself a break and bear with it until the problem goes away.
- Green – The immune system fights back with all its might. Mucus is filled with dead white blood cells and other fragments from the “battle”. If after 12 days you are still sick, probably is appropriate to meet with your doctor. It can come to sinusitis or bacterial infection. If you have fever or nausea, it makes sense to visit your doctor soon.
- Pink or red – This is blood. The lining of the nose has somehow been violated. This can happen either because it is dry or irritated, or because of some trauma.
- Brown – may be blood. More likely is talking about something you have inhaled – dust, snuff, red pepper or something else.
- Black – If you are a smoker, can be a serious fungal infection. These infections usually occur in people with damaged immune systems. If you suffer from a similar problem you should regularly meet with a doctor. If not – find one as soon as possible.
Nasal mucus is a common problem. Asthma, sinusitis, even cold are enough to block the airways and worsen breathing, the condition is often accompanied by a bad headache.
The blocked respiratory system is particularly dangerous by very young children who have not yet learned to clean their nose and have built the habit of doing it.
How to prevent this? Certain foods became real allies in the fight with nasal mucus.
We intend to talk about them in the following lines.
For cells of the human body, it is typical to secrete thin or thick liquid when there is an infection or a virus. The problem gets really serious when the secret gets so thick that removal from the body is difficult. Nasal mucus is usually formed from allergies or colds. If you do not clean it, it blocks the nasal passages, accumulates in the lungs and can lead to sinusitis – an extremely unpleasant and painful condition.
What does this mean? – Nasal mucus is a signal that you need to act – do not ignore it!
There are many foods which eliminate the nasal mucus naturally. Good to know them to be able to successfully fight the infections and nasal secretions.
Ginger and lemon
Combination rich in antioxidants and contains plenty of vitamin C – a natural antibiotic that derives toxins, viruses and harmful bacteria from the body, Moreover, ginger and lemon protect cells, preventing the accumulation of secretions.
We advise you, if you hesitate whether to have today a cup of tea or not that question to be dropped in the future. Moreover – we recommend you to drink a cup of tea each morning and night. Prepare ginger tea and add to it the juice of 1/2 lemon. Within minutes you’ll feel refreshed and stronger.
The healing characteristics of the pineapple
They say that pineapple is the best friend of asthmatic. All its outstanding properties due to the enzyme bromelain, which relieves the symptoms of bronchitis and pneumonia. Cup of fresh pineapple juice has anti-inflammatory effect on the body and stimulates the lungs. Regular consumption of pineapple juice reduces inflammation in the respiratory system.
Natural remedy with grapefruit and watermelon
Grapefruit is a unique product that should not be underestimated. A grapefruit per day ensures you lowerинг the salt content of the body and elimination of the nasal discharge and swelling in the respiratory system.
Grapefruit is a natural solution for inflammation in the body. You must try out its action in a combination with a fruit like watermelon. Grapefruit juice and watermelon is a available and effective remedy against the nasal mucus. Moreover, it neutralizes toxins and helps release of excess mucus by dissolving it.
Juice of kiwi and orange
This is a combination that will surely appeal to young and old. We recommend that you consume in the morning – so you load your body with natural medicine, rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. Do not miss it! Orange, combined with kiwi, is struggling with the nasal mucus, eliminates toxins and pinned inflammation. It is worth to try, not to mention that will charge you with energy!
Vegetables that you should not miss
When the formation of nasal discharge is extremely intensive there are few vegetables whose benefits are confident and well-known: these are garlic, celery, onion, asparagus and cauliflower. Eat them raw and extract their beneficial properties , which make them effective for fighting infections.
These are the “products-fighters” against diseases that are desirable to be part of your table regularly. Furthermore, they are acting as natural antibiotics.
The best herbs
Time to bet on a few more gifts of nature that will unclog your respiratory tract. They also act as natural antibiotics and improve overall health. Just prepare herbal teas or sprinkle with them your favorite salad and their useful contents will be spilled all over your body.
Are you curious to understand which herbs are fighting with the nasal mucus? These are mint, eucalyptus, thyme and rosemary.
All these herbs have the ability to reduce inflammation. You can find them at any grocery store and of course in herbal stores. The best news is that they can be used for children.
Foods to avoid when there is an intensive nasal discharge
As some foods can help you even better than medicines, others can make your condition worse. Exactly about them we will be talk in the next few lines. It is entirely possible unintentionally to complicate your health. So, pay special attention to the following foods:
- Dairy products: milk, yogurt, cream, sour cream, ice cream.
- Animal products such as meat. These foods usually provoke production of more mucus in the body – you’ve probably heard about the gastric mucus?
- Fats and oils such as butter – they are real stimulator when it comes to secretion. If you want to use oil as an alternative bet on the olive oil.